Welcome to the world of Haysie-Doodle, where the clothes are as unique as the kids who wear them!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Practice makes perfect

So, my kids were proud of my foray into the cyber-world.  I even got a Facebook shout-out from my daughter.  I have no idea why all the words are underlined in blue, and I'm stymied by the fact that the captions didn't line up with the photos, but practice makes perfect, right?

It's still mighty cold here in the lower midwest.  We're not really used to wind chills "below the doughnut."  The cars go out, run through puddles, return home and leave water to freeze on the garage floor.  I estimate three more days before we have a skating rink.

My mom and dad are currently in the Florida Keys, where it's also pretty brisk.  Dad sent me an email saying that the iguanas (who sleep in the trees) enter a catatonic state when the temperature dips drastically, and then they fall out of the trees.  He was expressing hesitance to take out the garbage, fearful that he'd be hit by falling iguanas.  I suggested a sturdy umbrella.  

Disclaimer:  PETA people, please don't be offended.  If I were in the Keys, I assure you I would help the iguanas to wake up and scurry away.  I would never wish an iguana concussion on anyone (or any reptile).  Promise.

I'm afraid I won't get much sewing done this week.  I need to practice "Hansel and Gretel" for the opera performances next week.  I'm sitting principal second this year, so I actually have to count all the rests.  Bummer.  No napping during this one.  I did get some FABULOUS fabric, however.  I've left it sitting out so I can stare at it and drool.

No comments:

Post a Comment