Welcome to the world of Haysie-Doodle, where the clothes are as unique as the kids who wear them!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sign me up!


You know the old saying "I never want to be in a club that would have me as a member?"  Well, I'm considering starting several clubs, and I will gladly be the charter member of each.

The first one would be "Mornings are Overrated".  This club would provide much needed support for those (like me) who are perfectly content sleeping right through the morning hoopla.  There are two parents in the house, right?  Morning can be his turn!  I'm not a morning person.  I'm not chipper in the morning.  In fact, I'm downright mean in the morning.  I hate mornings.  My family came to the conclusion long ago that everyone is happier if I awaken on my own time (when everyone else has left the house).  

There are many righteous folk out there who would have me feel horribly guilty because I'm not there to pour the bowl of Fruit Loops, to find the elusive orange hoodie, or to sign the weekly planner.  I used to succumb those attempts to make me feel less about myself.  I got over it.  Now I just snooze away.  If the boys need therapy later, we'll work something out.

So, if you are in need of some loving support because you callously allow your offspring to leave the nest in morning without your cheerful smile and kiss on the head, join me.  The meetings, needless to say, will be in the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment