Welcome to the world of Haysie-Doodle, where the clothes are as unique as the kids who wear them!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

playing around (literally)


Spring semester has been the semester of violin.  I haven't played (or practiced) this much since high school!  January was Humperdinck's opera "Hansel and Gretel."  February began with a concert by Neal E. Boyd (the winner of America's Got Talent),  followed immediately by a run of "Carousel" at the university.  March evenings were occupied by rehearsals for the high school's production of "Guys and Dolls," and the month finished with the Easter portion of Handel's "Messiah."  Whew!  I get a little break now before beginning work on Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" for a late April concert.




But, speaking of being proud... my senior boy played "good ol' reliable Nathan, Nathan, Nathan, Nathan Detroit" in "Guys and Dolls," and he did a terrific job (if I do say so myself).  Who knew he could sing?!


No comments:

Post a Comment